4/14/09

A fresh start

It's exactly what I needed. Some time away to figure things out. If you didn't read my blog before I deleted and re-designed it, then just know I made a HUGE change in my life to better myself. So let me introduce (or re-introduce to some of you) myself.

My name is Megan (or MeganK).
I'm 20 years old. About to turn 21 in 11 days.
I have the best family. Yes, we get on each others nerves, but all families do, even the Cleavers.
My nephew is one of the most important people to me in my life.
Anything else about me you will learn from my writing. It's the easiest way for me to get out what I need to say.

I finally am starting to know who I am ( I struggle with that. Like above, I couldn't think of anything else that I'd want people to know). I feel like taking the time away from crafting really helped me get my life back. It was something I did to fill up my time so I didn't feel lonely. Now don't get me wrong, I love to create, always have, but i was using it to fill a void. Now I'm struggling to find time to fit it in, which for right now, is okay.

However, when I did come back from hiatus this weekend, I felt like I was dead in the inspiration department. Sitting down to create would not happen. I couldn't get an idea out. I spent all day Sunday working on the same page. Getting up and coming back. Until fianlly I finished it...and I don't like it. I think it will take some time to get back into my groove. So inorder to do that, I brought the laptop to work and cranked out two digital layouts. I got some papers from Paislee Press Digital last night and I really like them (even used them to design the ol' blog).

One is about my decision to move on and only focus on my own future and the things that will benefit me. No, it's not selfish, because it is my life afterall. The second page is that adorable nephew Anderson at his first Easter Egg hunt. I didn't get to go but my sister took plenty of pictures!




So I leave you with that and the promise that the hiatus is gone. The inspiration will come back. And I too, am back, better than ever.

3 comments:

Unused Account said...

I agree!
Not selfish at all.
You have to do what's right for YOU.
Be glad you learned this lesson long before most of us did!

You GO!

Mandi Johnson said...

Weeee you're back! :) Akron... yay! I'm not sure where Phil and I will be living... but we're going to look for a house instead of an apartment. I'm headed to hobby lobby tomorrow to pick up some kraft paper. Want me to get some for you?

Sasha Farina said...

welcome back.. My name is Sasha - I've lurked on the old blog, and decided to introduce myself when you start afresh. I think you're one beautiful young lady, the inspiration will come back and you'll rock it out again, don't worry. For now, just be happy. Be very very happy. Be. :) *hugs*